Latest News...

Hugh Jackman will host the 81st Academy Awards Show on Feb. 22nd, 2009.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Movie Marathon Day 2009

I nearly didn't make it to the movies today, my garage door wouldn't open. Now, this is a major problem particularly when my car is on the inside. See, I have a 2-floor garage; the bottom floor (aka The Bat Cave) is accessed from the alley and the top floor is accessed from the street. This means that the only entrance to the top floor is through the garage door. Several times something has happened that has made me think hard about the garage set-up. If the electricity goes out, I can't get to my car. If the opener breaks, I can't get to my car. This morning I had images of me trying to climb through the tiny window on the second floor.

See, the garage door was frozen to the ground and all my tools that might be used to dislodge the door were, of course, inside the garage. I considered pouring hot water along the ground, but I was going to be gone all day and the door would just freeze worse. But, then I remembered the snow shovel. It was on the front porch where I had last used it. I was able to chop the door free from the block of ice it had apparently integrated with and the door opened! Hooray!

I made it to the theatre and spent the day watching the Oscar best picture nominees.
blog comments powered by Disqus